Proactivity tips for Rahul Gandhi in no particular order of importance:
1) Become his own chauffeur ... like the J&K CM. This should be 'cool' for the youngsters of the nation. One has heard tales of his keenness for going go-karting in some 'top secret' locations on the Delhi-Gurgaon stretch. And also in the process lose Satish Sharma as the driver. He looks permanently inebriated ... or worse -- drugged.
2) Do some daredevilry of the sky diving kind -- again will be found very inspirational and exciting by the youth. If the older Bush can do it at 85 or so, no reason why the 'young' Gandhi can't.
3) Take tips from these three female heroes (or is that heroines?) of mine: Kalpana Chawla, Sunita Williams, Marissa Mayer. Think of what they have accomplished by the age of 40 or even before and inspire yourself.
4) Start a family -- as in get married and THEN have kids. Indians love the idea of marriage and kids. Do not, repeat DO NOT do it like John Edwards. Follow the exemplary behavior of the heirs to the British throne.
5) Write a book -- everybody who's anybody writes books now a days. Bobby Jindal, Tim Pawlenty, BO, WMR, the 6-year-old who died and went to heaven and then returned after meeting Jesus, Rielle Hunter, etc.
6) Turn pious. Visit temples and such. Indians love their gods.
7) Go on fasts to 'protest' various stuff. Remember it was the original 'Gandhi' who started it all ... not the bonkers Anna.
8) Well, while on that topic, you could have been really smart and proactive and upended a lot of folks if instead of sending the suave Salman Khurshid for secret meetings with him, you could have nominated Hazare for President. Now THAT would have been a 'game-changer.' Remember Israel once offered the post of President to Albert Einstein.
9) Do an Aamir Khan and offer instant expertise on a TV show. You could start a yoga show.
10) And yes, after you become the PM, here's how you can be more transparent than the White House which shares the daily public schedule of the President on the website -- put a camera inside the South Block office and enough microphones and put the feed on YouTube after creating an official channel of the Prime Minister on the said YouTube.