Here are some random occurrences that together make for an interesting tapestry/collage.
- Abramovich has fitted his yatch with fancy laser devices that will disable digital cameras ... this to protect himself from the prying eyes of the paparazzi.
- People are committing suicides just because some politician died ... this in apna AP. Or, are they???
- Some ladies are using breast enhancement techniques ... but, that's old-fashioned now. So, some who want to be at the vanguard — Pam Anders, Vic Becks — are starting an opposing trend ... that of breast reduction. I say, cheers to that!!! I don't know why though ... I just have one thought. Will Indian ladies follow their Western counterparts as usual??? But then, since things tend to happen in India with a certain time lag, will Indian ladies first go for breast enhancement in the years to come or will they skip that part and go straight for breast reduction??? Interesting possibilities indeed.
- Talking about contradictions, there's this fascination people have for skin color ... including me, of course. People in India have a great deal of desire for 'white' or 'fair' skin. This madness, meanwhile, is completely beyond comprehension to a Westerner where people spend humongous amounts to appear less white, to get a 'tan,' as they say. I guess this is all about the grass being greener on the other side.
- And, of course, that ultimate irony: while folks in India do not need any inspiration or motivation from the government to go ahead and make babies, out in the West, governments try to play matchmaker by trying to get people to marry! And then governments try to bribe people into having babies!!! What heaven#@$#@#$@#$!!!
- Not to mention the fact that unemployed folks in America get unemployment allowance — I say that is the HEIGHT of socialism!